My MKT 595 related blog this week references Sprinkles, a
national cupcake storefront. Inspired by what we learned this week and by what Maile
Ohye talks about in her video, I perused the Sprinkles website and researched the
company online.
One of the first things I noticed when I typed "Sprinles" into Google is that not only did "Sprinkles Cupcakes" come up, but that my spelling was autocorrected (see picture below)! Google still knew what I was looking for despite the fact that I tend to forget the “k” in Sprinkles. This makes me wonder if Sprinkles, and even other companies, buy common misspelling Adwords in case people like me misspell!
One of the first things I noticed when I typed "Sprinles" into Google is that not only did "Sprinkles Cupcakes" come up, but that my spelling was autocorrected (see picture below)! Google still knew what I was looking for despite the fact that I tend to forget the “k” in Sprinkles. This makes me wonder if Sprinkles, and even other companies, buy common misspelling Adwords in case people like me misspell!
After landing on the Sprinkles homepage, I immediately
began searching for a value proposition. I believe I found it on the “food philosophy”
page. Sprinkles’ proposition appears to be, “As we continue the tradition of
simple and satisfying desserts handcrafted from the best ingredients – not too
precious, always just right – our hope is that Sprinkles Cupcakes will conjure
up lovely memories of your own childhood or family, or simply the pleasure of
good taste.”
Although I find this to be a useful value proposition, I believe it could be written more clearly. If I was the content writer for Sprinkles, this page would say:
Oh, how I would love to write content for websites all day. If only I had the experience for someone to hire me!
On a separate note, Sprinkles really knows how to engage customers with social media and integrated marketing campaigns. If you love cupcakes and are not yet following Sprinkles on Twitter, make sure to start following them TODAY! Each day, around 11AM, Sprinkles will post the secret words you can whisper to receive a FREE cupcake!
Although I find this to be a useful value proposition, I believe it could be written more clearly. If I was the content writer for Sprinkles, this page would say:
Sprinkles’ cupcakes are not made with ordinary cake
mixes. We handcraft each batch from the best ingredients, purchasing high
quality dairy and produce from local farms, so that you can satisfy your sweet
tooth while conjuring up lovely memories of your own childhood. At Sprinkles,
you will experience the pleasure of good taste.
Oh, how I would love to write content for websites all day. If only I had the experience for someone to hire me!
On a separate note, Sprinkles really knows how to engage customers with social media and integrated marketing campaigns. If you love cupcakes and are not yet following Sprinkles on Twitter, make sure to start following them TODAY! Each day, around 11AM, Sprinkles will post the secret words you can whisper to receive a FREE cupcake!
I have an endless sweet
tooth, so twice, I have literally run over to Sprinkles during my lunch breaks
to nab a free cupcake. But the free cupcakes were already gone on BOTH occasions by
the time I got there! Sprinkles, through its Twitter social media campaign, is
probably the only company in Chicago that could make me run in my heels to get
free food. But Sprinkles knows better than this –- I, like others, will still
buy a cupcake even if the free cupcakes have run out. And thus, Sprinkles know
how to get customers in the door to convert!
Sprinkles also uses Facebook in its integrated marketing campaign. In the picture below, you see Facebook playing trivia with its audience. And the prize, of course, is a free cupcake.
Sprinkles also uses Facebook in its integrated marketing campaign. In the picture below, you see Facebook playing trivia with its audience. And the prize, of course, is a free cupcake.
Candace Nelson, founder of Sprinkles, also integrates her campaigns by appearing on talk shows and as a judge on Cupcake Wars. Her cupcakes have garnered a lot of hype in the 7 years Sprinkles has opened and expanded. And social media and integrated marketing played a major role in this hype! Or should I say, social media and integrated marketing have been the icing on Sprinkles cupcakes!!
No comments:
Post a Comment